|SINTBONE||SPONGE (Block)||POWDER||GEL (Syringe)|
|Unit Weight||240 mg||500 mg||500 mg|
|Unit Volume||0.86 ml||2 ml||0.5 ml|
Synthetic bone graft filling material based on a copolymer of PLA/PGA (polyactic and polyglycholic acids).
The Synthetic bone graft is a space maintainer permeable to cells and osteons and does not induce phenomena of rejection or phlogosis. Sintbone permits blood orginiating from bone tissue to penetrate it and be progressively and totally replaced by trabecular bone.
It is easy and safe to use, destined for the filling of bone cavities, natural or pathologic, which necessitate the regenerate of new bone. Available in three different forms for your convenience: Sponge, Powder and Gel. The 3 forms which may be used individually or in combination, permit placing the material in the best possible way and consequently there is a better integration with the tissues. The Synthetic bone graft highly biocompatible and biologically tolerated and it is absorbed completely within 4-6 months.
Properties and advantages
- Low density, guarantees a total absorption time from 4 to 6 months.
- Completely substituted by mineralized newly formed bone.
- The only product that is available in 3 forms: Gel, Sponge and Powder.
- The spongy structure of SINTBONE does not create an obstacle to the advancement of the osteons which are absorbed in a physiological manner, favoring their solidification into bone tissue.
- All the subsequent biocompatibility studies, first in animals then in man, document that SINTBONE is extremely biocompatible.
- Risk Free – Zero risk from cross contamination (e.g. BSE, HBV, HIV).
- Doesn't require a membrane in most cases.